What is Care Navigation?
Care Navigation is a service for patients at this Practice.
If you choose to be supported by a Care Navigator they will be available to guide you through the health and social care system.
The Care Navigator will help you to engage with decisions about care and treatment. They can also assist you to find out what voluntary and local services are available. Through Care Navigation you may be able to access the type of care that you need.
Your Care Navigator can help you find out what is available.
Your Care Navigator can provide general health advice e.g. physiotherapy and podiatry, and provide the relevant contact details or referral forms. Please ask the receptionist or see below for further information and referral forms.
Services available at The Riverside Building
– Practice Pharmacist – speak to Catherine Alderson, member of staff in Practice
– Occupational Therapy – GP or self referral – speak to a member of staff . Please see the link for further details. Occupational Therapy in General Practice
– Physiotherapy – Self Referral Forms available from Reception or detailed, for over 18yrs only. Please speak to a member of staff for Under 18yrs. – Physio appointments are every Thursday.
Physio Self Referral Form
– Listening Ear – Gives people the time to talk about the things that concern or worry them, time to be listened to or explores opportunities that could help to improve wellbeing. Free and confidential listening service which is provided by clergy – Referral forms available from Reception or detailed. Listening Ear referral
– Age UK – REACH – The REACH team aim to support older people in rural Carlisle and Eden with Finance, Fitness and Friendship. Speak to Age UK directly – 017683 54918 / website link – Age UK – REACH
– Age UK – Compass – support with housing and finding suitable accommodation, benefit advice and support claiming benefits, budgeting, low level adaptations or getting back to normal after a stay in hospital – 01228 633331 / website link- Age UK – Compass
– Carers Champion – speak to Jackie Burns, practice member of staff
– Think Pharmacy Service – Please see the Service Leaflet for further information – Think Pharmacy Patient Leaflet
Other Services available at The Riverside Building
– First Step – GP or self referral via website www.firststepcumbria.nhs.uk / or call – 0300 123 9122 – Appointments in the Practice – Wednesdays
– Community Nurses – based in the Practice – 017683 51179
– Health Visitors – based in the Practice – 017683 54964
– Midwives – based in the Practice – 017683 53719
– Podiatry – in the Practice monthly – speak to a member of staff for referral criteria
– Diabetic Eye Screening – Inspira / Visualise – in the Practice monthly – speak to a member of staff for referral criteria
– Dietician – in the Practice monthly – speak to a member of staff for referral criteria
– Community Heart Failure Nurse – in the Practice monthly – speak to a member of staff for referral criteria
– Continence Service – in the Practice monthly – speak to a member of staff for referral criteria
– Community Mental Health Team in the Practice monthly – speak to a member of staff for referral criteria
Self Help – Online information
Barnardo’s Family Space – Their virtual family hub offers information, advice, guidance and support for all stages of your parenting or caring journey.