What is Care Navigation?
Care Navigation is a service for patients at this Practice.
If you choose to be supported by a Care Navigator they will be available to guide you through the health and social care system.
The Care Navigator will help you to engage with decisions about care and treatment. They can also assist you to find out what voluntary and local services are available. Through Care Navigation you may be able to access the type of care that you need.
Your Care Navigator can help you find out what is available.
Your Care Navigator can provide general health advice e.g. physiotherapy and podiatry, and provide the relevant contact details or referral forms. Please ask the receptionist or see below for further information and referral forms.
Services available at The Riverside Building
– Practice Pharmacist – speak to Catherine Alderson, member of staff – Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri in Practice
– Occupational Therapy – GP or self referral – speak to a member of staff or theOccupational Therapist. Please see the link for further details. Occupational Therapy in General Practice
– Physiotherapy – Self Referral Forms available from Reception or detailed – Physio appointments are weekly at the practice.
Self Referral form
– Age UK – Compass – support with housing and finding suitable accommodation, benefit advice and support claiming benefits, budgeting, low level adaptations or getting back to normal after a stay in hospital – 01228 633331 / website link- Age UK – Compass
– Carers Champion – speak to Jackie Burns, practice member of staff
– Community Pharmacy Minor Ailments Service – Digestive Disorders, Mouth problems, Skin Allergies, Ear Wax, Nasal / Cough Congestion, Pain and Inflammation, Infections. Please see the Service Leaflet for further information – Minor Ailment Scheme Leaflet (6 MAS)_3_p1-2
Other Services available at The Riverside Building
- Eden Hearing Services – Hearing Aid Service – monthly drop in clinic – 2nd Wednesday of every month
– First Step – GP or self referral via website www.firststepcumbria.nhs.uk / or call – 0300 123 9122 – Appointments in the Practice – Wednesdays
– Cancer Support Group – first and third Monday of every month – 017683 54918
– Community Nurses – based in the Practice – 017683 51179
– Health Visitors – based in the Practice – 017683 54964
– Midwives – based in the Practice – 017683 53719
– Podiatry – in the Practice monthly – speak to a member of staff for referral criteria – Podiatry Referral Form
– Unity – in the Practice monthly – speak to a member of staff for referral criteria
– Diabetic Eye Screening – Inspira / Visualise – in the Practice monthly – speak to a member of staff for referral criteria
– Dietician – in the Practice monthly – speak to a member of staff for referral criteria
– Community Heart Failure Nurse – in the Practice monthly – speak to a member of staff for referral criteria
– Continence Service – in the Practice monthly – speak to a member of staff for referral criteria
– Community Mental Health Team in the Practice monthly – speak to a member of staff for referral criteria
Self Help – Online information
- When should I Worry –
When should I worry? – it provides information for parents about the management of respiratory tract infections (coughs, colds, sore throats and ear ache) in children.